The American Party of Labor was founded in 2008 as the only openly anti-revisionist Marxist-Leninist party in the United States.
The Program of the American Party of Labor
The American Party of Labor is a Marxist-Leninist Party in the United States of America whose aim, goal and desire is to establish a vanguard party that will build a socialist republic under the dictatorship of the proletariat on the American continent.
1. The American Party of Labor comes from and represents the American working class; it has no interests aside from those of the working class and the workers’ movement as a whole. As such, the Party champions and defends the struggles of oppressed and marginalized peoples for emancipation and liberation. To that end, the Party participates in mass and popular struggles for social justice, peace, and democracy.
2. The American Party of Labor maintains that value in society is produced by human action within the material world. That is to say, value is created by the consumption of labor power. The working classes, which have only their labor power to sell for their daily sustenance, therefore make production possible. The Party demands the abolition of private property and that all means of production be in the hands of the working class.
3. The American Party of Labor asserts that profit under capitalism is extorted from the working class and constitutes theft by the capitalist ruling class. Therefore, modern society is a capitalist dictatorship. Under the socialist system, the working class will be paid the full value of their labor less the necessary deductions to support the state and its various cultural, economic, and social support projects.
4. The American Party of Labor demands that all oppressed nations within the context of the U.S. Empire, including, but by no means limited to, First Nations, Chicanos, Native Hawaiians, Guamanians and Puerto Ricans (within the context of Puerto Rico), be given national self-determination as to whether or not they wish to remain in the American socialist state, which shall be constructed on the remnants of the United States. We call for the end of the so-called commonwealth system in all U.S. imperial possessions. These nations should either choose to become a U.S. state, an autonomous zone, or an independent country.
5. The American Party of Labor demands the cancellation of all current debt held by developing countries to the U.S. These loans were not made with the intention of helping the people of these countries, but rather to enslave those countries with debt.
6. The American Party of Labor is an anti-imperialist party. We are opposed to all imperialism, wars of aggression, and the machinations and intrigues of capitalism. We call for the immediate withdrawal of all U.S. troops from overseas, an end to all imperialist wars, and the promotion of world peace. We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with all occupied peoples and with all nations living underneath neo-colonial regimes. We call for the end of foreign aid to Israel, Colombia, the Philippines, and other outposts of capitalist and imperialist aggression.
7. The American Party of Labor is an internationalist party. All peoples around the globe struggling for their emancipation from their own systems of exploitation are our allies. We extend our hands to all revolutionary organizations guided by Marxism-Leninism worldwide and to national liberation movements of exploited peoples of all countries because our cause is one and the same.
8. The American Party of Labor demands the U.S. withdrawal from NATO and other imperialist alliances.
9. The American Party of Labor stands fully against the militarization of the U.S.-Mexican border. It supports the rights of immigrants and the ending of neo-liberal policies in other countries, particularly in Latin America and the Caribbean, that drive sustenance farmers off their lands and to the United States due to a lack of economic opportunity in their native countries.